4.0

I had a toilet overflow in my condo. ServiceMaster Restore of Midhurst Ontario inspected damage along with Property Manager and Insurance adjuster.

Some drywall, baseboards and carpet underlay would have to be replaced.

Workers came in removed the necessary drywall etc. and left.

Two days later I inspected their work, pulled back the shower curtain and found a damaged tile that had been nicked by a blade. Called in a worker who was present, showed him what had happened he got on the phone to his boss and told him what happened. Workers came in and removed all the tile from around the bathtub. Almost seven months elapsed before an estimate was presented to my insurance company. I received a copy of the estimate a found the tile had been charged to my insurance as water damage. How on earth and with any bloody common sense would you claim water damage. Do you realize just how well sealed my bathroom would have to be for the water to rise above my bathtub to damage tile around the tub.

I don't have pictures as I did not find out until well after the work was completed. When I did find out by examining the estimate I confronted both my insurance company and ServiceMaster to no avail.

This reviewer shared experience about "fraud" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $6000. jwaynepar is overall dissatisfied with Servicemaster Restore. The most disappointing about servicemaster restore water damage restoration at Servicemaster Restore was fraud committed , but reviewer liked workers were very pleasant and accomodating. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Stanley Steemer that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Servicemaster Restore.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Construction and Repair category for more informed decision or compare Servicemaster Restore to other companies on our site.

Comments