4.0

I had a toilet overflow in my condo. ServiceMaster Restore of Midhurst Ontario inspected damage along with Property Manager and Insurance adjuster.

Some drywall, baseboards and carpet underlay would have to be replaced.

Workers came in removed the necessary drywall etc. and left.

Two days later I inspected their work, pulled back the shower curtain and found a damaged tile that had been nicked by a blade. Called in a worker who was present, showed him what had happened he got on the phone to his boss and told him what happened. Workers came in and removed all the tile from around the bathtub. Almost seven months elapsed before an estimate was presented to my insurance company. I received a copy of the estimate a found the tile had been charged to my insurance as water damage. How on earth and with any bloody common sense would you claim water damage. Do you realize just how well sealed my bathroom would have to be for the water to rise above my bathtub to damage tile around the tub.

I don't have pictures as I did not find out until well after the work was completed. When I did find out by examining the estimate I confronted both my insurance company and ServiceMaster to no avail.

Product or Service Mentioned: Servicemaster Restore Water Damage Restoration.

Reason of review: fraud.

I liked: Workers were very pleasant and accomodating.

I didn't like: Fraud committed.

Comments